Discover it on the wheel of a rental vehicle! Your exploration has no limits once you’re on board. Do you have all the useful information in mind before you set off? You’ll discover England if you’re heading to Europe. Its capital, London, is home to some of the most remarkable attractions. Don’t miss this visit.
How to rent a car at low cost in England?
Take a quick look below: we’ve put together a few tips to help you find the best rental car at the best price. Search the market (websites, advertisements, promotions) for the best car hire offer of the moment. (There is a filter tool will make it easy for you!). You can count on alerts to inform you of any price drop for your destination. Check both the rental agencies near and far from the airports to make sure you get the best deal. Visit getaround.com/ for more about car rental in England.
If your travel dates are flexible, see if you can pay less by changing your departure date.
Make sure your pickup and drop-off times are the same. If you hand over the keys to the rental car too late, you may have to pay for an extra day. Some rental companies offer special rates if you pay in advance. Keep an eye out for these opportunities!
You’ve got it: book your car quickly and save money!
What are the must-see visits to England?
You probably won’t be the only one to visit these exceptional sights, but believe us, they are worth seeing. Don’t leave England without crossing these places off your to-do list:
- La Hougue Bie, (45 km from the centre of Channel Islands, United Kingdom).
- University of Nottingham, (4 km from the centre of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire (county)).
- And Newstead Abbey, (14 km from the centre of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire (county)).
England: a tailor-made itinerary for an unforgettable road trip
Being in control of your destination and activities is one of the great pleasures of car rental on any trip. Take control of your epic journey to England and revel in the joy of discovering its most popular sites and attractions according to your own criteria. Here is a selection of the most impressive regions that are sure to seduce you when you visit the area:
- London (population 7,556,900)
- Birmingham (population 984,300)
- Liverpool (population 468,900)
- Leeds (455,100 inhabitants)
Three cities to visit in England
- London, the heart of British culture.
- Bristol, a cultural and artistic city.
- Manchester, a dynamic centre mixing ancient and modern.
A tour through England
Start in the South, in Canterbury and then London. Pass through Oxford and/or Cambridge before heading to York and its cathedral. You can visit Yorkshire Parks and the Lake District. Continue to Liverpool and then head to Snowdon National Park. Your next stopovers are Bristol, Bath and Stonehenge. Loop through the Devon region to visit Dartmoor National Park and drive to the far south-west of England in Cornwall.
Useful information for safe driving in England
- Left-hand drive requires a little time to adapt, but reflexes return quickly.
- Speed limits are given in miles per hour (mph), not km/h.
- There are 3 types of roads: M for motorways, A for major roads and B for minor roads.
- At roundabouts, give right of way to vehicles coming from the right.